View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 09:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Help with Airline 14WG-806

I recently purchased one of these sight unseen. It's a beautiful design, and very well built. However, some bad packing led to the heart of the beauty (the dial plastic got cracked in transit. I'm wondering if anyone here may know where to obtain one of these or if anyone has an extra laying around.

Also, upon powering the radio on my variac the proper way, I discovered that either the power tranny became the victim of the famous 5Y3 short OR the else was powered at full AC potential from a wall outlet with some VERY leaky filter caps. Either way, around 70-80 VAC the tranny gets hot and even sounds like eggs frying on a skillet. The tranny will need replacement. Does anyone have one of those that would be suitable. I don't know what specs to look for when searching Ebay, or anywhere else for that matter. The schematic I obtained from Nostalgia Air doesn't give specs.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated as this could be a very nice piece for restoration, but with no tranny it's not hitting on much.

Many thanks,

Tube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Airline.jpg (3.2 KB, 46 views)