View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

A couple of points-1)-Other than a SLIGHT loss of sharpness, the 21CT55 puts on a picture that makes all the Super-Duper HDTV junque of today hang its collective head in shame-To ME, anyhow... And the "Sharpness" business just might be the vagarities of a 2nd or 3rd generation screen shot, not optimal original signal, whatever. Secondly, Ferd made a WILD motor in the late '60s-a single overhead camshaft 427. My little sick & deviant mind has BOGGLED a lot over WHAT could have happened had they pursued development w/this mill- a DOHC version w/4 or 5 valves per cylinder, modern electronic control, the whole 9 yards. And they NEVER bore these puppies out to rival anything like we had back in the day-Ford's V-10 is a "Secretary Special" at a piddling 413 cubic inches. When they trump Caddy's 500 CID w/say, 550 or bigger wDOHC, 4 valves per cyl, & are pushing out 1200-2500 BHP, then we'll know they're SERIOUS... Of course, me, being VERY "Anal-retentive", I'm still cheesed that they relegated Flatheads to the dustbin of history...