View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned

Well I've got the rewind and f. forward working perfectly, but still no dice on the play function, the capstan pincher roller assembly I've noticed isn't engaging properly, when it engages with the tape, it only engages part of the way in instead of all the way in, because when I put a little force onto the pincher roller assembly and the tape starts moving in play mode but then the VCR kicks the tape back out of the mechanism.

So what should I look into now? I was able to get the idler tire to work again (apparently the idler tire mechanism and the solenoid mechanism was out of whack which is why the idler tire wasn't engaging with the capstan motor) so now I just need to figure out why the pincher roller isn't engaging with the tape which is what's causing the no play issue (the pincher roller mechanism also engages the top side of the idler tire mechanism with the take-up reel and since that's not engaging properly its not playing). Also I noticed that when I try to rewind a tape that's longer than an hour the rewind mechanism poops out once it gets towards the beginning of the tape, the fast forward part works fine but the rewind just can't rewind completely a tape that's longer than an hour (90+ minute tapes).

any ideas folks?

Last edited by Captainclock; 10-14-2015 at 09:15 PM.