View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
No time for this hobby

Newbie to Video!

Hi all, Just thought I'd write a little introduction for myself. I have been lurking in the back of Audiokarma for years and just recently started participating in a much larger way. I am recently unemployed with too much time on my hands! I have been building up my audio gear lately through some real nice scores at Goodwill and figured that I was pretty much getting to the end of upgrading through cheap sources when I ran into an old RCA TA 129B Console TV today. That thing is cool! Anyways I am an ametuer when it comes to electronics but I learn quickly! I have recapped all sorts of stuff and troubleshooted many things over the last few months. Which leads me to my post in the technical section. I want to fix this TV. The tubes intrigue the hell out of me and as long as parts are available, I will be watching this thing some day! I welcome all comments including very tough critisicism. I learn when people disagree with me! I know there are all types here and I look forward to hearing from any and all of you as time goes by. Thanx, Bret