View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 04:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
No it doesn't accept tapes into the VCR when you try to load the tapes into the VCR, that's because (at least in USA models) the VCR has to be powered on in order for it to be able to load a tape into the mechanism, and if the VCR refuses to power on (goes into safety shut-down mode) then the VCR loading mechanism will not load tapes.

And as a little update, unfortunately I found several broken traces on the main control board of the VCR (the board that contains the Servo Circuit, Index Circuit, and the System Control Circuits) that were from some cracks that I found on the circuit board that were around a couple of the plastic standoffs that were for supporting the board against the case when you installed the board into the case.

I'm going to see if there's any way to repair those traces, if not I'll see if there's a board for this VCR available on feebay for sale.
It will more than likely be a single-layer board so severed traces will be easy to repair. Can you upload close-up pictures of the damaged traces?