View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 07:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

I know this is an old thread but I figured it was a good place to start. A relative of mine just came to be in possession of a GE 10T4. It had been sitting in a basement (elevated at least, not n the floor). I don’t know if it powers n or works at all. The insulation on the cord is rotting away. I would want to replace the cord before plugging it in to see if it works.

From a little bit of Googling (that’s how I ended up here) I found that it’s from around 1949-1951, give or take. The interesting part, at least for me, is that this was in Bridgeport, CT, literally a couple of miles up the road from the massive former GE plant. My father actually worked there for a couple of years around the early 70s. I don’t know if GE made TVs in Bridgeport. I think they made small appliances there, but it would be cool if it was actually made there.

So I have a couple of questions. 1. Does anyone know if GE made the 10T4s in Bridgeport? 2. Can I tell by the serial number where/when it was made? 3. What might it be worth, in both non-working and working condition?

As soon as I can get a picture uploaded, I’ll post one, or two.
Audiokarma