View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin67 View Post
is the eye tube getting its normally specified plate voltage? if that is low it could explain the dim tube.
I don't know about what the plate voltage should be or whether or not its getting its proper plate voltage, I just replaced the socket and went from there not thinking of it when I tested it because all of the tuning eye tubes I had at the time of recapping this old Wells Gardner radio were tubes that were previously used and I was thinking that they were dim because they were maybe heavily used tubes, but when I put the Magnavox tube in place and it was still dim even though it was nice and bright on the Magnavox Console it came out of I knew there had to be something wrong, but as to what I'm not sure because I had previously replaced all of the paper caps and power supply caps in this radio but it didn't seem to help, not even replacing the dropping Resistor in the tuning eye tube socket so there must be something that I had missed in this radio that's causing the tuning eye tube to glow dimly, as to what I'm not sure, and most of the resistors tested within spec yet.
Audiokarma