View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Did you examine the Radio-Locator chart that I linked to? The chart lists only 2 "Very Strong" stations heard in Elkhart; WCMR 1230 and WTRC 1340, all the rest are listed as "Moderate" to "Very Weak". I would not expect to see full eye closure or even very much movment on a majority of the AM stations that you can receive.

jr
I don't think that chart is very accurate though because most of those stations listed on there (except most of the chicago stations) are fairly powerful stations whoever compliled that chart I don't think did their research properly because I know for a fact that WOWO AM 1190 out of Ft. Wayne, Indiana CAN be heard from almost 2/3 of the country from as far out as the Eastern Seaboard all the way out to the central plains states during the night, and even as far south as Florida, and WSBT AM 960 is a local news/talk station from South Bend, Indiana which is only 12 Miles from where I live and it too has a fairly strong signal because it can be heard all throughout Northern Indiana and Southwestern Lower Michigan farily clearly.
And yes I did look at that chart and I should know about those stations because I've lived in the Michiana Area all my life (27 Years to be exact, because that's how old I am) and I know for a fact that most all of those stations are able to be picked up fairly clearly on most of my vintage radios and stereo equipment I have.