View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:40 AM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
I *believe* the small battery is 1.5v. I've never seen one before, but I have an old Simpson battery tester meter that specifically has a setting for 'Hearing Aid' which is 1.5v. Incidentally, the 22.5v batteries are also used in older Simpson 260 meters.
That matches what I ordered. I was able to find a site that listed the battery numbers, and it looks like the A battery is an RM-1, which is actually still available online. It looks like there's also a company that's making reproduction 22.5V batteries, so fingers crossed those two will give me what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
For the strap, I'm not sure how it was held in, but a piece of wide gift-wrapping ribbon would be just fine. That stuff's pretty strong, actually. And thin enough not to interfere with the position of the batteries.
You know, I had actually considered that same solution. I'd be able to color match it, and it would preserve the little ridges on it. I should probably open it up and see how it's mounted underneath, first, in case that ends up being more complicated than I'm expecting, but I think I'll give that a try.