View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
VK Member

Cool Hello from Nova Scotia

Hi Everyone,

I found this forum on another website I go to and I'm glad I did. First thing first, my English stinks so beware of my posts. (My first language is not English).

I mostly a radio guy and have been buying and restoring old radios for the last 3 years, mostly because TVs were hard to find and I didn't have the room for them.

I'm from a tiny (>300 people) town in Nova Scotia, Canada. Right now it's -15C and there is 2 ft. of snow on the ground. I love it though.

My great uncle was an electronics repair man from the 40's to 90's, and collected some stuff along the way. He died a few years ago and we only just got around to cleaning out his old barn....in that barn was more then I expected...

There were a half a dozen radios, tons of parts and tools and over 35 Tv's ranging from the early 40's to early 70's (about 75% are from before 65).

So now I've got a lot of TV's...I've chosen three to restore and the rest will be sold whole or for parts. Most of them are in very, very good shape.

I wish I could have seen the excitement on my face upon entering that barn.

I also found a bunch of Nos parts like TV tubes in they're unopened boxes, a few of which I'd like to sell on here at a later date.

I know I'll be posting questions while I redo some of those tvs. And I hope I'll enjoy the site

-Connor