View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmeplease View Post
I have to make a comment about spouses, parents, girlfriends, etc., not liking your collection. I know a gun collector and reloader with over 100 guns and spends many days a month reloading and shooting. His wife is just happy that she knows where he is, what he is doing, where he is spending his money, and that he is not getting in trouble in a bar or worse somewhere. That is something they should think about and be thankful for.... that doesnt mean you should fill the house though, lol
You nailed it! Think of all the expensive hobbies like boats, cars, etc. I quit collecting when renting apartments until I bought a modest house in town with my Ex. The ex did not like the radios, TV's and most of my music which was a clue.

When I moved to a farmstead 19 years ago, a detached garage, spacious walk-up attic and dry basement was key (but I was quiet about it). My folks understood during the school years as does my wife now. I just don't broadcast when I bring a set home but I make it quite obvious when I trade, sell or recycle them.