View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Question Weird TV with three CRTs....Whatsit??

I could not get a picture of it, but it was the weirdest old set I ever seen.

It was at a thrift shop with a "sold" tag on it (rats!!!)

A Color set...looked like an '80s style cabinet.

Had one large color picture (maybe 19"..but coulda been smaller)
and it had TWO little 5" or so b/w CRTs just right of the large one!! It was NOT running, and it was behind a counter (and THEN about ten feet away). I could tell the big CRT was color, and was pretty obvious the little 5" CRTs looked the same as all my little 5" sets. They were not flat CRTS, so this set couldn't have been too new.

Anyone SEEN this sort of configuration before? Is it seperate tuners....monitors? I REALLY wanted to take a pic of the thing, but it was right behind all the staff at the counter....and sold already (again...RATS!!). Even not being a "micro" (not even CLOSE)...I woulda bought this thing in a heartbeat JUST to see what it was.

Otherwise....Thrift shopping here in San Diego is a real letdown. ALL the "old" sets are like from the '90s and newer....NOTHING at all interesting, and nothing "small" at all (like 9" and under). I went to like seven thrift shops today and only saw this REAL weird set at a Salvation Army...and couldn't have it!

Last edited by AiboPet; 07-04-2012 at 10:20 PM.