Thread: RCA CTC-36 Woes
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I have several CTC53s, and they all had a number of out of tolerance resistors on the horizontal and vertical osc board. Replacing them helped solve a lot of deflection/sync problems. I also found that several of the orange/brown/green drops were out of tolerance, or leaky.
That's no surprise. I kind of figure that if I want these two to be perfect, all new mylars would be the ticket, and resistor checks as well. At this point, though, it's an example of the law of diminishing returns.....the sets are both very watchable, and stable as they are. I've run each for several hours, and they're both now pretty solid performers, each having something slightly out of whack that doesn't really bother me.

I'll probably let these be for now and just run them (unless something fails), as I have a CTC-25A console that I absolutely LOVE that is going to need attention next. I have the sams for that one on the way now. I'm not looking forward to that one, as it's going to need cataract surgery as well. But I absolutely love the set, so it'll be worth it

There's only 4 sets in my humble collection that don't work at the moment. I'm starting to get scared that I'll be left with nothing to do pretty soon!