View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 12:49 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8nagel View Post
My parents dropped theirs and went cellular (they don't have the option of high speed internet where they live, no cable or FiOS or anything) because the land line was so unreliable. Go figure!

In a commercial setting, I have seen a lot of people moving to cellular dialers for monitoring their fire alarm system because everyone is moving away from having any POTS lines.
It's not surprising. In my area half the boxes ofr the buried POTs cables are missing their covers and or wrapped in trash bags to mitigate water incursion...15 years ago when we last had POTs sound quality and reliability were abysmal, I'm kinda scared for to know how bad it's gotten since then. Our coax based landline is not the greatest either reliability wise, and add to that the asshole field techs will chop a paying customers buried line off at the ground (forcing it to be reran) at midnight because they sensed noise from ONE bad connection inside the house....Part of me wishes I had noticed him outside and "mistaken him for a burgler" if you catch my drift.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4