Thread: HD Tuners
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

I got this ematic converter box at walmart.com and it has good points and bad points. Mostly good. I hooked it to my 19" Zenith System 3 in the dining room so I could get the DTV local channels on my cable that's mostly analog. It does work fine for that, but the only major drawback is it picked up a lot of scrambled cable channels I will have to de-program out of the channel scan. When I had an antenna connected, it scanned over the air channels a lot better than cable. And of course your cable could be different from mine, so YMMV.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-AT1...ities/28505040

It also has a feature I've only started to use. It can DVR timer record to to a flash drive or external USB HD. I wasn't particularly impressed with the reception over the air with a rabbit ears RCA antenna from walmart.com, so have a good outside antenna if you can. It all depends on how far you are from the station.

It's very versatile in that it has the regular F connectors for antenna in and TV out on channel 3 or 4, video and stereo audio out and HDMI out.