View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
RCA 741PCS

Panasonic CT-32SL13G saved

I was walking through my neighborhood this evening and spied this set sitting in an alley.
It seemed the previous owner took care not to damage it when throwing it out. I headed home to get my car and rounded up a friend to help carry it.
I figured it would make a nice upgrade to my 12 year old 27" Trinitron. It's pretty heavy but we were able to handle it.

I unloaded it in the garage and power it up. After a loud bzaaang (degausser I assume), I was treated to some nice snow

That was enough to motivate us to carry it up the stairs to my place. It wasn't easy, but we made it eventually I'm really gonna feel it tomorrow. I found a users manual online, but they don't specify the weight.
Anyone know what it might be ? I'm not sure my old stand can handle it

We still have a few local analog broadcasts so I fumbled my way through the menu and switch from cable to antenna mode. Then hooked up an old pair of rabbit ears and autoscanned.

It locked in on this Korean language station. The picture and sound are great. The only problem so far is a discoloration in the lower right. I hope it just needs a little degaussing.

Anyone have an opinion on this set ?

Last edited by bandersen; 05-05-2011 at 01:34 PM.