View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 11:52 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAZenith View Post
Out of curiosity - how many of y'all are married? I know my wife would never go for that much clutter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
You could also ask how many of these guys are still living with their parents? And how do their parents like this kind of clutter?
Sad, but accurate. I haven't had a girlfriend since I was 12. Life has since kept me either away from half-decent gals my age, or too busy/broke to bother with a GF....It doesn't help that after my last one, the gals (and people in general) I met when I moved to central Fl were such COLOSSAL jerks that I'm barely a fraction as outgoing and friendly as I was then...Hell during/after Fl I sorta had a general categorical loathing of all humanity for a while...

My folks don't mind my collection as long as I don't damage the house, and adhere to certain spatial limitations (heck they are glad that it's kept me from getting into trouble/addiction, and primed me for the engineering degree I have)...There are clutter complaints sometimes too, but they know that when I hit or approach my limit I re-evaluate my collection and sell off the bottom 5-25% percent of things by how much I like each item...Right now they can't much complain about clutter since they are re-flooring the ground floor, and don't have a single room neater than mine...

What does really get under my skin is that I plan to have another car or two (a utility TV/car hauler/winter commute vehicle, and another classic or 2), and Mom is obsessively picky over what she will 'allow' in 'her' driveway. She hates some body styles I love, and wants me to buy some I hate (she's even tried to hustle me into buying a car she liked), and is obsessive about every aspect of condition....On top of that she is even picky about the damn color...And I will even have to show her the same damn car in a different color to get her to NOT categorically hate a make and model if the first one I show her is in a color she doesn't like... I'm an American dag nab it!...I should be able to spend MY money on whatever the hell I want, and not get a bunch of crap over it, or be TOLD how to spend my money.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4