View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADR View Post
For the grand total of $18 on Ebay, I don't think i did that bad. Model L519 and chassis 5L07, the chassis is, of course, point to point hand wired(typical zenith). Of course it didn't come without shipping damage 3 out of 4 corners were broken but no big deal. The seller said the clock and radio works and sure enough, they work like new(typical zenith). Opened it up yesterday and VERY dirty. Has all original 1965 dated zenith tubes one RCA replacement and all tested good. This is my new favorite clock radio by far, i love it.
A friends father bought one a little newer, possibly a Y or Z model, AM 6 tube with an RF stage. Upright chassis design with the original shipping carton. Naturally, now it needs an electrolytic.
The strange part is the return address on the carton states "Wincharger Corp". I know, Zenith owned them but I didn't think that they still built product there.
I have a few Zenith clock radios, but they're all AM-FM. I also have one from the mid-50's, where Zenith tried printed circuitry in a tube radio.