View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
I beg your pardon. My late father was an electrical engineer and I never, ever, heard him use that expression (or whatever its equivalent may have been in the 1950s through 1970, when my father was an EE working for the National Acme Company in Cleveland).

BTW and for what it is worth, in reference to my being unable to read the labels on the buttons on my TV remote (or on my television itself), it is because I was in an accident about 15 years ago in which I hit my head very hard on the ground; I had to go to the ER in a distant town to have 11 stitches in my head (I still have a scar above one eye from that). I probably sustained a concussion or worse as a result of the accident, and I feel very fortunate to be alive to tell about it today. The accident messed up not only my memory but, I am afraid, my eyesight as well. I wear very strong eyeglasses that do not work well for me anymore; the channel guide on my Roku streaming player, for example, uses such a small font that I have quite a bit of difficulty reading it. Reading is very difficult for me at this time (for the same reasons) as well. Too darn bad, as I used to enjoy reading. Life is so darned unfair. I am 60 years old and far too young, IMO, to give up reading just yet.
50 years ago and 2-7 years ago are VERY different times...Things change. Most people have have lost outrage and ability to be offended...There are places where even in upscale/wealthy neighborhoods flipping the bird is a more common greeting than "hello". Things that used to be rude are now normal....Hell they don't even censor the S and F words on many TV shows anymore...Welcome to life outside your bubble.

If you can read this forum then you can read the manual...In 5 minutes you can Google your sets make model + manual, find a PDF file of it that you can download, and zoom in on till the letters are as big as your thumb if that is what you need to do to read it...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4