View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessgame View Post

Also, (not that it's important for any practical reason anymore) the UHF tuner appears to be stuck a little off from channel 66. Turning the tuner stem (still missing the knob) has no effect and it doesn't stop in either direction. Is that by design or is there a mechanical failure?
Your UHF tuner has a limited slip clutch - the inner shaft/outer clear knob will spin continuously, but the outer (larger diameter area) shaft/channel indicator will stop at channels 14 and 83. I just verified this by placing the knobs I have on a similar tuner to see the effect.

The pix shows the two knobs on the tuner - and an antenna I suspect is close to what you need. It's actually for a same-period Sanyo tube set, but will work with slight differences. No modification should be necessary, but the new antenna doesn't have the shoulder on the rod like the old one, and sits flush with the top of the ball, rather than 3/4" proud of the ball. GE was the only manufacturer to use a combination shoulder-and-short rod arrangement, and JFD only manufactured them for GE, so Russell and others didn't offer an exact replacement. All my GE and JFD stuff is the longer rod, which won't fit/stow in a small set like yours.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!

Last edited by Findm-Keepm; 09-29-2017 at 06:39 PM.