View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 01:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here are the pictures of the antenna as mounted inside the cabinet. It appears that there is some sort of sheath insulator it collapses into. I think there is a little grommet at the top that'll let me take it off and put it on another one.

Looking closer at the UHF tuner it appears something internal has indeed broken as the outer shaft also turns continuously.

Findm-Keepm PM me your info so I can send you postage fare, I'd really appreciate those parts.

I tried injecting a weaker signal and it didn't really help things. checked all the resistors around the Horiz AFC and they all appeared to be in spec. I've also included a pic of the disk cap that looks suspicious. I maybe should emphasize that this issue also affects vertical linearity too, yet all the resistors around the sync separator are in spec as well. speaking of the vertical, I failed to mention previously that the vertical hold pot stem has broken off. luckily its stuck in a position that locks on, but it appears that replacing it will mean i'll have to replace the vert. height and linearity controls too as all three are contained in a housing that clips in. I've toyed with the idea of maybe trying to glue something onto the nub and hope it stays, but I'm not sure what kind of adhesive to use (JB weld?), as well as what to glue to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170508_122526.jpg (69.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20170508_123445.jpg (85.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20170508_123524.jpg (103.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 20170508_124734.jpg (97.9 KB, 39 views)