View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 12:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

My RCA Selectavision video disc player is a model SFT 100 W, serial number 129 42 6156; there is no date of manufacture anywhere on the player.

My CED player will start playing a disc normally with no problems. After it has been playing for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer, it will develop some kind of problem where the color in the picture will intermittently go bad. It will show a rainbow-colored image on my TV screen for a few seconds, and then go back to a normal color picture. Approximately 10 to 15 seconds later, the rainbow image will come back again for a few seconds, and then return to normal, and then go back to the bad rainbow image, alternating between a correct color picture & the distorted picture. It does the same thing throughout the remaining playback time of the disc. The audio always sounds accurate, so that is not a problem.

I think it is a problem with the player because it does the same thing on just about every disc I play; on occasion, it will play a disc perfectly with no problems, but most of the time, it plays discs with the color problem. I also know that it is not a problem with my TV because it used to do the same thing on my old CRT TV, and I now have it connected to my new flat screen LED HDTV.

This problem is very annoying, and I would really like to get my RCA CED player working properly again.