View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Respect the tube!

Quote:
zenithfan1 Glad you saved it, it sounds like it is similar to the one I just picked up. I have some crappy pictures of it operating on this thread. http://videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=255292 Mine is a 46" model. It does do 1080i but no HDMI ports.The picture is GREAT on it but I'm only running it at 480i at the moment and it still looks good and sharp. It has a built in crosshatch pattern for convergence adjustments. I plan on getting an HD converter box and cleaning the lenses. I bet it'll look even better. It seems to be a low hours set that was VERY well cared for. The pictures I posted don't do it justice at all. I'm watching it right now
This set looks identical except for the size. I haven't actually measured it yet, but from eyballing it, I think this monster is 60"....it is freaking huge! But we will see shortly.

I am so glad I grabbed it. It is such a nice set and I just couldn't let it go to the landfill, especially knowing that it could be so easily repaired. If I hadn't grabbed it when I did, all would have been lost, it rained last night and it would have been toast. You know how much press wood and electronics love water.

I have ordered the repair kit so hopefully it will come to life soon.

Thanks for the tip on the control panel Geoff! A good piece of info for sure!