View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 12:59 AM
M is for Memory

I just saved a Zenith CCII from the trash.

I had a good day (started kinda boring helping the folks get more new flooring from Ill...long story there) when I got back home in the surprisingly warm evening I felt like driving my Lincoln (surprising after spending 5+ hours crammed in the uncomfortable back seat back of a Honda C-RV with boxes of wood flooring restricting my personal space to the point I could barely move). I sat my self down in the plush roomy seats picked a fast and twisty local country route and had a blast mashing the gas pedal and taking fast turns made infinitely better by trying out the auto-dimming high-beams feature (which flashlight tests had made me think was dead) and finding to my utter shock that it actually worked (I was happy enough to be whoopin' & hollerin' upon finding they worked halfway along the trip). 3/4 of the way along blasting side A of Yes' album 90215 (on someones' 8-track mix tape) I spied 2 TV consoles (1 was familiar looking), mashed the brake, and backed into the driveway I had overshot. I hopped out and examined the offerings I had parked so that my headlights shown on. One was a delta-gun vertical chassis CCII console similar to a table set I own (Score!), the other was an RCA ColorTrak push-button inline-gun (not worth saving to me). Still blasting Yes (and exclaiming YES, and similar elated words) I popped the trunk hauled the console over a Lincoln length back (glad it had casters), moved the spare tire into the back seat from the trunk, and singlehandedly loaded that console into the trunk...If the residents of the house noticed me I must have been quite the sight (and sound)...
Doubly happy I cruised home on the twistiest stretch of road, and pulled in to my neighborhood with all the windows down blasting DEVO's 'We're through being cool' (from the same mix tape).

The console is dead; no dial light, no HV, no nothing. I'm guessing bad power cord/switch, or maybe a SWMPS....I'll findout.

Here's some pictures:

It is VERY similar to, but noticeably different from my metal cabinet CCII table set with cart (below).

Best solo late night drive I've had!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4