View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Apprentice Necromancer

HAHAHAHHAHA! YEEESS!!! IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Album link!

AAAAAAaahhhh I'm so freaking overjoyed! I can't believe it! Thank you, THANK YOU Videokarma!!!! One more American crafted master work of engineering saved from destruction!
All tubes seem to be lighting up, even that damaged looking 6U10.

Now, a quick glance of those pics will tell you there's still work to be done. Most obviously, it's incredibly blurry. (I know this is a low voltage focus set, but it's really an abnormal level.) There's a slight purple tint (that clears up a bit the longer it's on) and retrace lines are visible. A TON of pot adjustments are in order. I'll take the opportunity to ask, what is the general procedure for re-adjusting a set like this? What should I do first and last? Will the SAMS Photofact 1067-2 (which I can't find anywhere) be of any help here?

Here's a quick quiet video of my baby in action. The screen has a tendency to wobble like Jello, and there is a slow horizontal wave of sorts moving from the bottom to top. That could be almost anything, but aged capacitors are likely. I am using my Sega Genesis as a makeshift pattern generator with a custom ROM, by the way.

Quick update: I'm already seeing picture improvement just by leaving the set on. No more Jello wobble. The retrace lines are coming in and out and it's getting gradually sharper. Mr. Zenith appears to still be waking up from his long slumber.

Last edited by Freon; 10-14-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Audiokarma