View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
There is plenty of EXCELLENT cars to be had inexpensively...Especially if one keeps a careful watch of the used market.

For what a new Suburban costs I could get several used Escalades that would collectively outlast and outclass it...I could also get ~5 nice classic cars that fit my tastes for that money.

The only reason to spend the max money possible on a nice car is to show off wealth (or to obtain rarity). I rather have fun trying to get the most satisfaction/value for my money.

What does an Escalade do which makes it more durable than the same year Suburban? Answer, Nothing. If anything, the extra luxury junk on one will cause it to fail sooner. Escalade= Tahoe or Suburban. aka GMC Yukon or Yukon XL. High trim versions of either pretty darned close to the Escalade for less money. Why not get several, nice but well equipped Chevy or GMC and maybe have enough left over for a third? P.S. they haven't made real Cadillacs since 1967, newer ones mainly tarted up cheaper GM cars of like era.