View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 12:28 PM
I love old stuff

In Romania we had colour television only in 1983. Well, you could watch color broadcasting from sourinding countries before that. In Iugolsavia they subtitled movies (in Romania too) so you could watch forgein movies if you knew French, English, probably German and Italian. But I didn't see no black and white French set either (except for two with French components, assambled in Romania - V.S. 43-611 - metal case and one V.S. 54-612 or V.S. 43-613 - wooden case; 43 was the diagonal in centimeters; those sets with French compoments where extremly rare, so that's why I've seen only 2). Oh, Romania and former Yugoslavia used P.A.L. from the beging.
So if "Philips" had a picture tube manufacturing plant in France probably most of them used "Philips". "Videcolor" made picture tubes in France?
Other Europeanen countries had smaller, 21"-22" (54-56 c.m.s.) or smaller color tvs, so they where more apealing in terms of price. You can find some British one here: https://www.oldtechnology.net/colour.html
Yeah, that "Pizon-Bros" company was smart. I wonder if they got more sales with that.

Found out that forum on the links page of a French old tv site - remember there where 2 with orange.fr and found one of them. Maybe I will register there.

Having a transfomer wasn't bad. Transformer meant that if the heating filament of one lamp went down, since filaments where connected in paralel (not in series) you hand't had too look what electronic tube went down, you could see the simptoms and guess which went down. If the trasnformer was a transformer and not an autotransformer you could be also protected form electrocution when touching the chassie or the antena. Soviet tv's didn't had the best picture tubes, but most of them had a transformer and that was good.

Later edit: in that catalogue there is one tv set with 2 picture tubes? Why? One was for color television, the other for black and white so not to use unecesarly the color picture tube when watching black and white?

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 04-20-2020 at 05:15 PM.