View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
I find it best to go from top of chassis, get some test prob clips from rat shack, they fit over the tips of reg test probs and have little j hooks that extend and retract, hook up everything with the set off and make sure there are no shorts and that the DMM is in the correct setting, then power up. take readings, power off and remove the clips.

BTW no need to replace anything but the Blanking transistor the others would not account for the jail bars (at least should not).

Don't make too many changes or substitutes. You want to try and diagnose the problem and not shot gun parts at it. If the diode/ blanking transistor/cap/resistors to not resolve it then you are into tough dog territory, and you need someone that has a scope and some real talent to fix it.

I only hope that the target parts are it, again its really just an educated guess.
I have those little suckers with the hooks.

I'm going to do the testing.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650

Last edited by TinCanAlley; 08-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.