View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

I'm about to date my self but in the sacramento area we had 3 rock stations KROY,KROI one was AM the other FM I can't remeber which but I belive KROYwas AM and on FM we had good ol KZAP.At night you could listen to Wolf Man Jack,I miss those days they where very simple times.Everyone was an American 1st and no one would have thought a political party would try to stop free speach on AM radio because they didn't agree with it.And now we talk so much about tolarence but fail in everway to understand and practice it .You could belive the main stream news then to some degree .And when someone moved into your neiborhood your father would take over a six pac of beer and introduce him self to the man of the house,people helped each other tinker on projects,the family car or just pulling a stump was a neiborhood event My DaDs old 61 ford had a compound 4speed 411 gears in a possitraction rear end with a little 292and this little white and yellow truck was then the neiborhood stump puller as a kid I remeber a chain came loose and when the truck lerched forward a 4 foot section flew over the cab and landed in a feild across the street over 100 yards away.my dad came back with it and the hooks had sherd off and he said if it has gone through the rear window into the cab I would have lost my head! sorry to dygress but I just remember a time when people stopped by just to hang out in our garage and see what my dad was working on as back then men alwasys where building something or fixing somthing them selves the radio was always on and no one really gave a crap if you where republican or a democrat because we where all to buisy being americans,neibors and freinds.