Thread: K-cars
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:54 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post

The overheating issue was an odd series of events. The first time it happened was while I was getting onto the highway. I had it towed to the mechanic, who claimed to have fixed the problem. Not long afterwards, while driving to class, it overheated again. I had it towed back to the mechanic, who managed to find the cause of the problem this time around: the A/C compressor had seized, causing the belt running it to break; the belt then got jammed in the cooling fan, which popped its fuse. How the mechanic missed this the first time around, I have no idea.
-Adam
Not familiar with those cars, but if the belt had not snapped yet the first time and if there was a cooling fan on a pully the compressor belt shared the stuck compressor could have stopped that pulley...

I'd imagine that with the compressor stuck there would have been a LOT of noise as it killed that belt...If you hear a problem sometimes it pays to grab a flashlight pop the hood and look around carefully. Depending on where they put the compressor it could have been a very obvious fail. (I'm someone who has had a stuck compressor and watched/heard the belt slip on it.)

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma