Thread: K-cars
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Honestly, it depends on the head unit. There were about 10 different styles, some required the amp, some did not, and some that did not were paired with an amp anyway, and then some others were meant to work with the early Imperial's setup: one baby amp on each speaker.

Both the 3.3 and 3.5 had a serpentine belt with auto tensioner, and a manually tensioned V belt for the AC only. On my car, I was constantly tightening the AC belt. But the AC always worked.

The 3.8 is legit just a bored 3.3 lol. Almost all parts are identical, aside from the block and pistons. Likewise the 4.0 is just an overgrown 3.5. :P On the bright side, the 3.5 had been around for almost 10 years by the time the 4.0 came out, I'm fairly certain they've worked out the kinks. Tell your neighbor to keep up on T belt maintenance, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Is that 3.5 engine a Chrysler engine? They have a newer engine, a 3.6 used in some Jeeps.
Regarding AC, the AC in my 2000 Dodge Dakota will still freeze you out. Try that with a GM, or even a Ford. A lot of the GM's wouldn't hold a charge for a year and that's way into the 90's.