View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 10:49 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
When I first saw the title, I thought EM was tired of tvs and wanted to fill all the
empty space in his parents driveway with has own fleet of Dry Bulk Carriers......
Lotsa a trees to tie your mooring lines to along that canal......
room for what ...? 5 ?

If you want to see a REAL Lincoln boat google image search for the 1979 Bill Blass designer edition Mark V....I live near a lake big enough to have it's own yacht club and when I had trouble getting in contact with the seller of my car to finish the deal I almost went for one of those...Just to drive it past there and see if anyone would make me a crazy offer.

If getting out cars not in the layer along the street, and being able to open all doors of a car are unimportant then I'd recon (not counting inside the 2 car garage, or the 2-3 car gravel patch next to the end which is returning to grass from disuse) at least 7 cars would fit (more if all were modern compacts/coupes/smallish cars). Can probably park 3 wide in the wide part near the garage if squeezed in and the rest of the driveway is at least 2 cars long by 2 wide. We've never had a large get together to test it's capacity....

Though honestly it don't work well with just the three we've got.....Mom parks next to me and dad parks me in from behind me ALL the time....There is a running joke/threat from me that his car will one day move through the power of a 460CID Ford V8. Dad hates to park farther back....He is too damn lazy to walk an extra 25', and when he does do it the birds crap ALL over his car (thus why I don't park there...they are bad enough when they don't have a tree to sit in all day and crap from)....Ungrateful little avian bastards, and we keep then from starving all winter too! :grr: .....I don't know why he cares though, since the parking garage where he soon will no longer work is often just as bad....Some days his gray Accord is nearly white (with black specks)! ....Also I side swiped him in that spot in the driveway once...Twas rainy, and between a bit of water lube and the soft plastic rub strips being the point of contact it did not leave a mark on either car.

Mom is VERY anal about appearances, and only wants me to have one car in the driveway....That is until college ended and getting me work started looming on the horizon...Now I can have 2 but the second must be a new-ish one that she "Gets to choose!"....Unless they buy it for me I will allow them nearly zero input (it's my money only I have the right to choose how I spend it).

One of those trees is directly behind my car in the spot where the bottle neck shrinks, and we have to always be wary of it....It has marks from previous owners that were not so vigilant.

To get back on Mark V related topics one modification to the body work that I think would look really cool is rear fender skirts.... For them to look right the chrome that wraps around the rear wheel wells would have to be cut off and additional rub-strip type trim found to go on the skirts to bridge the the wheel well.....If you wanted to go all out and make it semi-non-reversible, it would look even better if the fender flare (stamped into the metal) around the wheel well were sliced off/flattened out of existence. This idea came to me when I saw the car through the house window with a window pillar blocking the rear wheel from view....It has a classy 40's-60's luxury car look and yet at the same time also futuristic....

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4