View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Until now I always thought "short through" was a lens that you could put on most projectors. I can find some older models pretty cheap and I've seen some with cosmetic damage even cheaper. I was looking for one of those stupid $20 pocket projectors from China to play with, but of course they are no longer flooding eBay now that I thought about getting one.

I would have to remove the CRT's so I could mount the projector without it getting in it's own way and that would give some extra distance. I wonder if these CRT's would sell to cover the cost of a project. They are low hour and the coolant is not foggy at all.

It sounds like a fun thing to play with and could be interesting, especially if some one starts making fun of my old TV and I turn it on to blow them away with 4K, haha. I don't think I will be investing in 4k at all though.

Looks like this thing will sit for a bit while I work up the $75 for the kit, wait untill I have a weekend, then there is the remote to deal with. You have to hit PIP+SWAP (IIRC) to write the rom after getting it set up. Magic Focus" still seems to work fine for the green and red after I do a reset with the service switch, so I am thinking that might not be a huge issue. I can "rent" the remote for $20 (80-$60 upon return) or wait for it to pop up on eBay.