View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Okay....GOT the little Panasonic 1020 I was waiting for.

Antenna...same as 1010
"Wall wart"...same as all three of the little b/w "10xx" sets

Magnifier....NO. 1010's CRT is to the extreme left, 1020 is to the left but is maybe 1/4" further from the left side. The magnifier will slide on, and look fine, but does not center. The 1030's magnifier is black....and 1030's CRT is front and center. So all those magnifiers ARE different.

Battery covers on all three 10xx sets....are different, even though 1010 and 1020 use the same shape battery pack.

The little 1020 I got for just over ten bucks does run and look perfectly though. It just sorta has to stay on a shelf without it's battery cover, and it can't show with the magnifier since it will not really do it's job. I'll hafta still find either a dead 1020 with a decent battery cover and magnifier....or a working 1010 that may be missing some cabinet parts. DOES have a nice bright clear little picture...so the hard part is done. I guess I should at some point get my CT101 back down to San Diego from LA so I have all the little Panny micros together.