View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith 25EC58 won't shut off

…whether I use the switch on the set or the remote. When I plug it in, it is off, but after turning it on there is no way to turn it off again. Changing to auto/manual, even disconnecting the on/off switch won't do it, so the problem must lie with the space command unit. Also the channel down function on the remote stopped working. But vol and channel up on the remote still work.

Given that this happened right after I swapped the CRT, I'm thinking that I just knocked something loose. The one thing I did notice was that electrolytic capacitor circled in the pic came loose on the + side (It's only connected - side to ground now, so it's not doing anything.) It's 100uf 50v. But I find no reference to it in any of my schematics, so I'm not sure to what it was connected.

Any guesses as to what's going on?

I'm looking at the schematic for the space command unit now. However this thing is supposed to cause the set to turn on/off is really not making too much sense to me. But I don't want to stay up super late two days in a row, so I'm going to bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74zen color.jpg (36.0 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Adam; 01-01-2016 at 11:59 PM.