View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 08:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Darn if those are worth that much I can retire on the older junk I've got right now....Who's with me!?
Wouldn't it be great if all old electronics were as revered as , say , a "king Louie the 365th" chair or some other (boring) antiques are ? People will lay out huge dollars for a chair , and yet something of such brilliant engineering as a machine that electronically reproduces moving pictures hardly gets a second glance from the greater majority of "antiques collectors" crowd . It is for this reason that I scoff at the idea of any consumer electronics made after the 1960s ever having any kinds of real antique collector market value , there just aren't that many of us now and I doubt there will be all that many in the future , that see the sheer awesomeness of our beloved vacuum tube devices . Even when the passing of time makes them rare , there will need to be folks who actually want them and want to collect them , and that kind of devotion even now seems reserved for only the early (and thus rare) sets .
Audiokarma