View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

What a great board you guys have here, I am getting a good response to my little problem. I was not able to work on my set today maybe tomorrow and I will try to take a good picture of what the problem looks like on screen before I try any of the suggestions. Legenbass77 my remote works perfectly but like I said, this set has had very little up time.

Speaking of low up time, my parents also had one of the large old Airline Radios in the nice wood console. It was a combo AM - FM Radio and Phonograph. I'm looking at it right now sitting here in my man cave. Its a model 84WG-2714F. My dad modified it by taking out the old phono and large speaker that was mounted to the back of the front door. The door used to pull down from the top with hinges at the bottom but my dad put hinges at the side and turned the interior phonograph area into a little mini bar. The radio is still in there and I got the Sam sheet on it earlier this year thinking that I would get it working again one of these days. It still looks every bit as good as the Magnavox TV, not a scratch on the cabinet and this thing must date back to the late 1940's. They bought this at Montgomery Wards and inside of the cabinet I have found The original envelope holding the Owner's Guide, Service Manual plus all the little cards and notices that the store had fixed to it. The service manual is quite detailed with specifications, chassis diagrams and a complete replacement parts list. Back in the day they sure knew how to treat a customer and you sure don't get this level of information when you buy a radio today. I should post this to the old radio thread with a picture. Wonder if I should recap it or leave it as is?
Thanks guys.
Audiokarma