View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 12:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Toshiba flat screen tv

Hi all, I usually hang out at AudioKarma. I know electronics and I am mostly into tube equipment and the audio side of things. Anyway, I have a Toshiba flat screen which seems to have an intermittent problem.

I thought I would run it by a few people here who are more knowledgeable with the flat screen technology.

The tv was given to me for free, and it was said that it didn't work but when I got it home and plugged it in, it worked fine..........for about a month but then it went out and now it won't work again. It seems like the back lit panel isn't working right as when you first turn it on, it will flash a picture on the screen but then go dark. The front panel power indicator light used to glow solid green but now only glows for a second and then goes dim.

Would this be a bad capacitor? Bad back light transformer? Power supply? I can easily check these things but just wanted some general input here before I open it up and dive in. My forte' is audio so I am not much of a tv guy or couch potato.

This thing only has one single circuit board with all the parts, and a few wires running to the back light panels. That's it.

Any general ideas?

Appreciate any replies. Thank you!