Thread: Rca 621TS
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:47 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigott View Post
Yeah, the lacquer is on a bit heavy. There's a reason for that though. In a nutshell, I screwed up a bit and ended up wiping some of the grain filler away. The front and top could not go through a sanding again because the veneer was very thin in places. So the only thing that I could do is load up on the clear coats, sand, more clear coats, sand, etc till the surface was smooth.

Then I had a problem with the decals (self induced) and had to redo the left side which needed the lacquer built back up till the decals disappeared.

Over all, it is looking good!

I'm leaving for ETF on Wednesday morning so tomorrow will be the last day to shoot some "final" clear. Otherwise I'll have to wait till I get back.
I've heard it said that "the mark of a professional woodworker is the ability to hide ones mistakes"...You've done an excellent job of that. The set looks absolutely flawless. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it with the chassis installed.

I'm planning to leave for the ETF Friday morning so I can get there friday evening. I'm looking forward to picking up the big RCA from you.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4