View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

I got the muffler, tailpipe, and piece that goes from the y-pipe following the two cats to the muffler. That's all I absolutely need to replace now.

It really doesn't need the pipes going from the manifolds to the cats, but if I keep driving it for a while I will eventually have to replace the cats and that y-pipe. After searching more throughly, the y-pipe appears to be the only part that is not available.

There are 3 things I have to repair in the dash, which I am taking apart now.

1. The radio: already cleaned controls, and replaced belts (now I have a working cassette player ) This car came with a nice stereo: six speakers, 4 front (2 in the dash and 2 in the doors) and two rear, and the rear speakers are run off a separate amp mounted near the speakers in the trunk. The cassette player even has noise reduction.

2. I need to change the vacuum-operated switch that automatically releases the parking brake. It was leaking vacuum, so I had just plugged the line. I have a new one, but the switch is mounted to the firewall directly above the steering column, and there was one screw I just could not get to from below - so I'm hoping to get to it from above.

3. Heater core - currently leaking and bypassed.

4. I'm enjoying those Perry Mason tapes I picked up last week ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1.jpg (84.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg lincoln_radio.jpg (90.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg pm.jpg (55.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Adam; 12-29-2020 at 10:33 PM.