View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

This is a great thread. Our first color set was a Penncrest (J. C. Penny's) tube set made by Panasonic. What a thrill having a color tv was. Not only were sets back then great, but tv shows were funny and wholesome. I watch very little new stuff and find I watch ME tv or Antenna tv mostly now. I love nostalgia. I worked at a tv sales and service shop from age 16 until like was 26. That was back in 1975. We sold and serviced RCA, Zenith, and Sony. We were a factory authorized service provider back then. I just love the style products back then had. Sony's were at their hey day in late '70's up till about '85. I spent a lot of money on Sony electronics. I liked Zenith slightly better than RCA, but now it's sad America has no manufacturer of tv anymore, except in name. I have a RCA roundie CTC 9 chassis, a Sony 5-303W, a Sony KV4000, and a Zenith radio console from 1946. I'm so glad to have a few pieces to remind me how great tv products of yesteryear were. It's great reading everyone's comments. By the way I'm now 58. lol