View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 11:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Well I already replaced the cord anyways, and did it right, it wasn't too hard surprisingly enough except for when it came to removing the old cord off of the contacts that they were soldered to on the circuit board for the power supply, so I just moreor less cut it off and just wrapped the new cord's wires around where the old ones were at and soldered it into place. and went from there, I fired it up and it took about 5 minutes for me to get a decent viewable picture from the TV, and even then the picture is kind of dark and dim, and not very bright, although I'm guessing that it might just need to be ran for a while to "wake-up" the picture tube as it looked like it hasn't been used it probably a good 20-30 years or so by the amount of dust built up inside of the unit and by how dirty it is.
The buildup of dust on the inside of the set is the result of it being used a lot in a dusty area. The heat and HV draw in the dust.
I have a similar Sony, that was made for world wide use. It has two switches on top, one for 120/220 volts and one for different regions. I don't remember the legends, but when it's switched, the picture rolls and the sound gets distorted. It even has channel one, plus UHF.