View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Me too, but my social life was practically non-existent so it all balanced out. Little wonder I got the "Most unique personality" title in my senior year.

There's one thing I didn't think of mentioning, the intercom at my high school also was a two-way unit with no visible microphone.

On a side note, confusion about whether stairwell doors were to be pushed or pulled was a running joke there. Those wood frame doors with large, single panes of wire-reinforced glass and identical handles on both sides were pop quizzes in themselves.

I was low keyed in high school just to get it over with and keep the grades up.Also keep the eyes moving around.LOL.

I think the speaker was the mike at my schools .I remember the teacher had to throw the toggle switch or lever to talk which was above the thermostat and the light switch bank. Would not mind finding a service manuals on these school PA system.I got to play with Google and look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
One time we were @ this store and i waited in thec ar for my parents.. I had my CB in the car,i had my echo on and 'i keyed up on channel 19.... Heh,my father came running out ofthe store and said I could be heard loud and clear over thier intercom system!! (If I was on FM they wouldnt of)

I was in the parking lot and my radio only did about 10 watts I think and i completly overpowered it???

MUST HAVE BEEN A CRAPPY SYSTEM!!! (I mean no shielding at all)

Man oh man......
Hahahaha.I remember those CB days.The big CB craze .Neighbors blasting in on Channel 5 WNEW NYC when I was watching the Flintstones and a cheap small battery operated kids PA system I had when I was a kid.