View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Tom would just as soon post what he did about screen burn on a thread of mine just as he would yours. Part of the reason is because he's responding as well to anyone who picks this thread up in a Google search in the future that might have this set with this issue, and NOT know what you know.

That said, chill out, and let's put this train back on the rails.
I know and that's what I was trying to do. I realize he was just trying to help but he could of been a little less rude about it. That being said I didn't leave the TV on in that condition for very long at the most 10 seconds which wouldn't of been enough time to burn in the screen the screen would of had to of been on for like 10-15 minutes before it would of done any major damage to the screen.
That being said I would love to learn a little more about this particular model of TV as far as an exact year of manufacture, and also how high end of a unit this would of been, I know it would of had to of been a fairly high end unit for it to of used a 6BQ5 audio output tube in it and for it to be a cold chassis designed unit and also for it to of had both UHF and VHF on it (it said on the tube chart that it could of been a VHF only model which means this TV must date to between 1958-1963 which was before the UHF mandate for tvs.) Also I noticed (and it can be seen in how shallow the cabinet is compared to others from the time period) that it has the 110 degree deflection type tube in it.

Last edited by Captainclock; 12-09-2015 at 12:32 PM.