View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, it's not looking good. I replaced the vertical IC, the 220uf cap in the pump up circuit, and the 5.6 ohm fusible resistor off the flyback. It still comes on folded over with a shrunk up raster and the fusible resistor gets red hot in a matter of seconds. The vertical IC remains cool. I checked all the other caps in the vertical circuit and found none bad. I did find another bad 100 uf cap in one of the low voltage supply lines coming off the flyback; but, changing it did not help the vertical problem. I also replaced the diode across the vertical IC with no luck. When I get back on it, I'm going to change the B+ diode coming off the flyback. If that does not solve the problem, the only other thing I can think of would be a bad yoke and we all know what's going to happen if that's the case (unless I can find a good used one).

Really, the only reason I'm spending this much time on this set is so that I can keep from adding it to the garbage pile, since it's getting harder and harder to dispose of a junk TV. At least if I get it working, I might be able to find a home for it. I just know it's getting harder and harder to move a used CRT TV for any decent money and it's really not worth spending hours, or days, troubleshooting a TV only to end up selling it for $20 after it's been sitting here for six months. I need to remember that the days of getting $150 for a TV like this have long passed and just stop taking them in.