View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 08:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks again, Tim! Considering the bids these sets are getting in auctions we've been following lately, it seems like having the old ones rewound might be a viable option. Considering that successful rewinding of those CT-100 convergence transformers has been done before, these ought to have a comparable success rate & justify the rebuilding cost. On a little off-topic tangent, I recently rescued a friend I met for the first time when she was delivering packages for DHL in 2004 from a terrible landlord. Since then, it's been starting to look like a lady I met for the first time a little too soon after Jan died for me to have been ready to ask her on a date back then might turn out to be a significant part of my future. In addition to needing a room to rent, she also needed a new job and has fit in perfectly for Clerical & Sales duties. About 6 months before we became housemates, we reconnected at a local music event upon her return home to Ohio after several years of living in New York, leading to our first date at a little diner after the concert. Both of us looking different in Feb of 2013 than we looked in Sep of 2004, it wasn't until the conversation turned to the subject of her time driving for DHL & my Vintage TV career that we realized we had already talked several times before as business associates. This photo was taken by the waitress when Rachelle & I had lunch after she returned from delivering a restored Zenith 27KC20 chassis to Brooklyn at the same diner where our first date had been exactly 8 months later.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Date Revisited.jpg (54.8 KB, 126 views)