Thread: New Wheels
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

[QUOTE=Ed in Tx;3155647]My father had a '73. Was early in the detuned regular gas years, had lousy power and got about 6 to 8 MPG. The worst performing Caddy out of several he owned in his life. It was plagued with roof rust under the vinyl top too.

Uh-Huh.. Damn car never HAS run "Right", at least to me. VERY cold-natured on start up. You can "Shire Down" on the gas pedal, & even after its run quite awhile, it stumbles, farts, acts all manner of contrariness, & finally, will decide to GO !. And, yeah, Generous Motors DIDN'T paint under those vinyl tops-And my Cad, the tops all spongy right on the back where it is next to the trunk lid. Paint, GENERALLY, is Poor on it, its metallic-Silver- & I think it must have had an EARLY paint formulation where they'd taken out most/all of the really "Nasty" solvents. Interior parts/trim is installed on the "Close Enuf for Government Work"... In fact, the whole car feels like EVERY bolt/screw could stand another half turn w/a Wrench, or screwdriver... Whole car just feels Loose & Sloppy.