View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:06 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I agree.Great TV.1980's was the last good decade of good TV shows.In the 1990's there were some good shows but the reality shows were starting to take over cable and then the networks.After that it went down hill into the current crap that we have now.

That is exactly why I watch MeTV, Antenna TV and COZI a lot more than I watch the broadcast networks, not to mention my own collection of classic TV DVDs and VHS tapes. (I only watch the networks for the evening news and an occasional--I do mean occasional--program.) TV did start to go downhill in the worst way by the 1990s, and has continued to do so ever since. The retro TV subchannels I mentioned are, IMO, the best thing to happen to TV in years, if not decades or generations. Today's network shows are (or at least seem to be) geared toward millennials and younger viewers, considering the programs have so much violence, shooting and so on; it is apparently what that generation wants to see on its giant flat screen TVs. Today's network TV seems to be aimed squarely at viewers of that age group, leaving folks like myself (I'm almost 62 years old) and others in my generation with nothing much to watch except the retro DTV subchannels, DVDs of shows from the '50s to the '70s, and PBS. Thank goodness for the last, as it is, again IMO, the last "good" TV network in the US.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.