View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwright0224 View Post
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am very new to this. My name is Jay and I just recently purchased a 1959 Zenith Radio/TT console model SF185. I definitely have some work ahead of me to get it purring but I had a few questions about the radio tuner. It had a cover glass on the radio dial that is shattered and below that was another sheet of glass with the dial numbers on it, which is also broken. I have no idea how I can go about replacing that and I was hoping I could get some suggestions. I will be replacing the dial cord this next week since that was broken as well. I picked this up because I wanted to share some of my childhood nostalgia with my kids. I grew up with an old Magnavox 8 track/TT/radio console as a kid and I loved the thing until I came home one day and my
Damaged dial glass with graphics was always thought to be a major issue with an old set. Nowadays there are people that have graphic art computer programs that recreate the graphics and print them on clear stock to be used with a piece of cut glass or clear plastic. I have no idea what someone would charge for that. You'd have to request the service here, Antique Radio Forum, or simply local print shops. You could also search these sites and eBay for the dial glass. It's a slim chance, but it can happen! Good luck.