View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 11:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

1992 Ford Ranger Super-Cab

I bought this recently to replace a Saturn that was nearing what I believed to be 450K miles on the engine. I ended up selling it to a nice kid down in Indiana whos fixing it back up. I was tired of driving a small car, and I needed something large. I figure instead of spend more on the Saturn, I sold it and got what I needed instead.

Cost me $950, with some pulling from savings and what have you. I've done some mild work to it already but it seems to be very solid, well taken care of and so far, very reliable. 2.9L Cologne V6, A4LD 4-Speed Auto, 4x4. Seems like a pretty strong little truck to me. It really has a lot of features that resemble a 1994 Ford Explorer I used to own many years ago.

It's going to be my winter truck to a large degree. I won't drive the Courier after the first measurable snow fall. It get's a cover tossed on it and put away for the winter.

1980 Ford Courier

This is my baby. Hardly any of these left in the world, let alone on the road. This little champ came to me in a trade. I had a 1991 Volkswagen Cabriolet Etienne Aigner edition convertible. I bought it because I thought it was super cool, and it turned out to be a huge pain in the ass. So I tossed it on Craigslist after 6 months of messing with it, and with in a week, an email comes in from a nice fella up in Milwaukee, offering me a "Courier". I was extremely skeptical at first.

I wanted a truck, plain and simple, but I had never heard of a "Courier" so I looked at the pictures and Googled it, and found out, it was Fords little truck before the Ranger. Mazda Built in japan, chicken tax truck. Engine, and bed attached here on the west coast. Packed with a Ford 2.3L and a Mazda 5-Speed manual box. I was all ears.

We talked for over a week and a half over email and I finally went to see it. It was a disaster. It barely ran because of vacuum leaks, and had a lot of "What am I even doing?!" repairs. We traded, I drove it home over 100 miles, after stopping for gas and getting clever with a roll of duct tape, it ran fine.

Never had an issue since!

Last edited by Arcanine; 11-13-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Audiokarma